Pistoia Social Business City
Since Autumn 2015, Social Business Lab Pistoia has been carrying on the activities of Pistoia Social Business City, the program – which was promoted first by Yunus Social Business Centre University of Florence, Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Pistoia e Pescia and Fondazione Un Raggio di Luce Onlus – finalized to prepare a fertile setting for the birth and the support of Social Business, through a hands-on process among the local, national and international participants.
The specific goals of the Program are:
- Spreading the culture of the social business in the territory of the town of Pistoia;
- Supporting the cultural change in the citizens of the territory (from passive beneficiaries of the services of welfare to active problem solvers);
- Creating a system, which could help the development of the social business by getting involved the local participants;
- Pushing for the birth of new social enterprises and supporting those ones existing.
Pistoia Social Business City addresses entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs, university students and of high schools, administrators, local participants and all citizens.
The activities carried out within the Program Pistoia Social Business City are:
- Training Program “Young and Social Business: becoming actors of change”
- Thematic Workshops
- Mapping and study of the local social enterprises
- Pistoia Social Business Day
- Network with the territory